Find Saxophonists and Saxophone Teachers Online...
|HOME||REGISTER||FORUM||NEWS||ABOUT US||NEW! JOBS etc|
Commenced playing music aged 6, commenced woodwind aged 10.
Graduated double distinction in performance - Perth Modern School 1980.
Studied Piano Tuning Sydney Con NSW
Studied Education Edith Cowan Uni WA
Music Performance UWA.
Commenced Full time teaching 1985, Lectured UWA 1987, 1988, Head of Woodwind Ed Dept 1988, lectured Sax ECU 1992, 1996-98. Govt /Indep Schools 1985-current (2015)
HEAD of Woodwind Studies - Guildford Grammar School 2013.
Ed Dept 2014 to current - multi woodwind teacher metro and country.
Woodwind ATAR examiner - Current.
MUSIC EDUCATION AND TRAINING Background
• Music scholarship winner to Perth Modern School in 1976.
• Graduate of Perth Modern School with a double performance distinction on Clarinet and Saxophone – Dux of Music 1980.
• Diploma in Primary Education/Teaching - equivalent to a Bachelor Degree -Edith Cowan University completed in 1984 majoring in Music / Primary Classroom teaching (all subjects) K – 10 and a minor in Psychology.
• Diploma in Music Performance (A.Mus.A) with honors on Classical Saxophone at UWA gained in 1991 with Distinction.
• Studied under American Classical saxophonist Patrick Meahan while Artist-in-Residence at the WA Conservatorium.
• Tutored by Ernie Watts USA.
• Toured with David Sanborn – Australian leg of World Tour 1992.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR - TEACHING & LECTURING
• Taught for the Education Department part time for 3 years 1981 – 1984 and then full time as a peripatetic woodwind (clarinet/saxophone/flute) instrumental teacher – 1984 to 1999
• Co Ordinated Primary School workshops annually for the Education Department for year 7 music students in the state schools programs.
• Instrumental Woodwind (Clarinet/Saxophone) Teacher at the prestigious music scholarship schools Churchlands Senior High School and Perth Modern School for 12 years.
• Teacher-in-charge / Senior Master of Woodwind for the Ministry of Education. Responsibilities including examination, observation and evaluation of teachers and follow up assessment of their teaching skills, reviewing their programs, teaching and music performance skills.
• Tertiary Entrance Examinations Board – Woodwind Examiner
• Australian Music Examinations Board - Woodwind Examiner.
• Edith Cowan University - Woodwind Examiner.
• Lectured at the University of Western Australia - Instrumental Pedagogy unit & B. Ed units.
• Saxophone Teacher and Woodwind Examiner - Edith Cowan University as part of their Associate Diploma and Bachelor courses 2002 - 2006.
• Consultant to the Head of Woodwind in the AMEB in relation to restructuring of all technical work for all grades 1992.
• Band Conductor since 1986.
• Big Band ensembles (jazz and commercial idioms) since 1987.
• Tutored for West Australian Youth Jazz Orchestra (WAYJO).
• Instructor - Jazz-in-Schools course run by the Education Dept.
• Worked at Allegro Musical Services (music shop) as a Woodwind Teacher
• Christchurch Grammar School / Hale School for Boys - taught woodwind / ensembles
• Santa Maria Ladies College - Taught saxophone and clarinet.
• Taught part time also at Corpus Christi, Methodist Ladies College Claremont and at Wesley College for Boys in South Perth until 2006.
• 2007-2011: Ed Dept of WA teaching Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute and ensembles.
* 2012 - Woodwind Sax Clar Flute Govt Schools
* 2013 - Woodwind teaching Independent Schools Guildford Grammar, Helena College
* 2013 - 2016 Head of Woodwind Studies Guildford Grammar School.
* 2017 Multi Woodwind Specialist Education Department, Orana Catholic School.